LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:28 am 

murryb wrote:
Are you saying that there was no Mulliners Branding on the side Philip.
Did the LNWR have any 6 wheeled CCT's.

The Mulliner's branding was on the ends, as per the models. Not the sides. The LNWR had many 6-wheel CCTs, but none were assigned to Mulliner's traffic. In fact private trucks seem to have been phased out around the time (c.1910/11) that these 6-wheel CCTs were being introduced.

For other private trucks, including Humber Cycles, see the examples I supplied in "LNWR Liveries".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 am 

These are probably the best and the worst examples of "models as evidence of liveries"!

The early model (probably Bing) posted by Murry on 1st is very accurate (accepting Philip's note about the number). There is an official photograph which confirms the livery on the side, and a very distant murky picture in the background at Euston confirming that the ends of the model are also correct, as best as can be seen.

The more modern model, by contrast, is pure fiction. But then, to be fair, I think these Darsteadly products are really intended as vintage look-alikes in the ACE Trains mould and don't pretend to be serious or accurate models.

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 am 

Mike Williams wrote:
There is an official photograph which confirms the livery on the side, and a very distant murky picture in the background at Euston confirming that the ends of the model are also correct, as best as can be seen.

Murry - here is the photo that Mike mentions. For some reason photos showing LNWR private trucks are exceedingly rare.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:57 pm 

Not quite on topic, but here is a motor car van temporarily assigned to Daimler.

Any comments on the livery which I've never seen before?

Detains of the van?

Date and event?

I assume it is on Daimler premises somewhere?

Mike

P.S. Just received message: "Board attachment quota has been reached" and I am unable to attach the picture - any suggestions please?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:25 am 

Thank you for the photo, where was it taken? The number of people at the end of the platform is interesting, are they seeing the train off, not sure if the signal that has been pulled off is for that train. Showing my ignorance.The track work and how it has been filled in is also of interest. Would of made maintenance work a bit of a challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:15 am 

Murry -

As I said the photo is at Euston. What you see has been cropped, but the full photo shows a Prince of Wales 4-6-0 departing with the 2.00pm corridor express, with signal off. The date is probably September 1908 and may well show the first run with the new 65ft 6in stock built for this service - hence the official photograph and many onlookers. The ballast is probably ash and was often raised to a level over the sleepers in those days.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:04 am 

Murry: Euston and the 2PM. The correct signal is pulled off.

Gary.