LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:52 pm 

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am now opening the order book for LNWR Wagons 3 on the basis that it will hopefully be published around May Time

The cover price is not yet known, but I should to be able to offer a good discount to members on the cover price.

For overseas members, I will be able to offer you the discounted cover price but postage will be at cost, please contact me with your location for an estimate

At the same time as ordering Wagons 3 I will also be able to supply Wagons 1 and 2 in hard back volumes at discount price.

Please contact me via email, telephone, text message or comment below so that I can build up the order book

Contact details as per the Sales Officer on the Newsletter or hit the email button under my name to the left

Kind Regards

David

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:23 pm 

Hi David,

Please put me down for a copy of Volume 3 - the postage to France will be whatever the postage will be (don't think even 'Brexit at any cost' will take UK out of the postal union, so the mails should still get through) and I'm happy to pay the price of living in the sun. It is always nice to get such seminal works through the Society, and from a selfish point of view I'll no longer need to scan the Titfield Thunderbolt website every couple of weeks to see if Simon has opened up pre-orders yet (although there'll probably be other reasons to have a good browse from time to time).

David Littlewood-Tysoe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:31 pm 

Hi David

I think I said somewhere else but to double confirm please put me down for a copy!!

I'm continuing to look for items like Jol's transfers articles; I think I can find his article on painting LNWR coaches.

I've assembled a folder of LNWR modelling a while ago for Kidderminster and that might form a basis? Some RMWeb issues are quite good; sorting out Ratio wagon identities for instance!

Incidentally; and this should be on modelling, I saw Harry of H and A models at the weekend and he is convinced Cambrian have now brought out the proposed LNWR vehicle.

I think if we got an order together he might offer a discount?

All the best

Peter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:51 pm 

Idle so and so from Cambrian says he's retiring later this year after a mere 44 years - just as he got things right and brought out an LNWR wagon !
Wait till see him :-)

Perhaps Harry from H&A could take it on, he retired from his day job recently.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:36 pm 

Hi David

Is there any news on vol 3?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:26 pm 

Hi Andy,

I believe there is something in the newsletter regarding Volume 3 which is due anyday.

I will email you after you have had chance to read it

Cheers

David

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:25 pm 

London Road Models have a D12 Timber wagon 4mm kit underway, probably ready in the autumn.

Bill Bedford has a couple of 3D printed wagons available, shown on his website.