LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Track and chairs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:51 am 

Peter,

"A very generous offer Mike" it isn't really - not compared to the hard work most committee members put in day after day, week after week, sometimes for many years!

In some ways this should be a private discussion but I'll continue here for now as some may have suggestions. You will note that the chairs have all the bolt detail, so there is no way to fix them down. They each have a spigot on the bottom, so sleepers need to be jig drilled. They could be cut from solid wood of scale size, but I think it might be easier to laser cut a strip (like flexible plastic track), probably from ply. I think we have a prominent member with the skills to do that ... ? ;) And if it is a display track it may as well have the correct larger joint sleepers and chairs, in fact why not make a feature of the joint with correct fishplates etc part way along the display? LNWR Bufferstop at one end (with correct sleepering and long fishplates)? Genuine Penmaenmawr ballast so we can all see what colour it really is? ... If not careful this could expand into a set of dioramas and take up too much space! Just a thought and more for the modelling section than here really.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

As I wrote above, a member offered some display cases specifically for these engines at the AGM that year - he was on the committee at the time, but does anyone know if his offer was ever taken up either?

Mike