LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: September Journal
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:59 pm 

In that case will setup a page for them. Expect emails from all concerned - But will nag any latecomers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:05 am 

In terms of "meet the committee" I suspect that for many of us we may never actually meet them in person, and in the main have contact via email or the forum. I'm a member of both the LYR and LNWR Societies so can comment based on my limited experience.
I have been to several meetings relating to the LYR and found everyone there approachable and friendly. I have to admit that in the first instance there was a high degree of trepidation because my LYR knowledge was very limited and I was scared of showing myself up, but thankfully it was unfounded. I must admit that this would represent my initial feeling were I able to attend an LNWR event. I maintain a degree of regular contact with the LYR Society at their attendance at model railway shows here in the North West.
I would therefore suggest that it is important that email enquiries are responded to in a reasonably timely fashion. Of course I'm not sure what is timely bearing in mind that we all have lives away from the LNWR Society. To date the response to my own have been OK, although I do have one outstanding.
Part of this post is slightly off piste so to speak but I do believe it relates to the interaction between the committee/officers and members, and of course not forgetting non-members who wish to take advantage of the LNWR Society knowledge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:57 pm 

Alec,

I can fully understand your viewpoint, but I have to say that the same trepidation I had before attending my first LNWR event was soon dispelled as despite my limited knowledge of the LNWR I was made to feel very welcome and through discussion I learnt an awful lot of off other members

Regards fast responses defining a timely manner is problematic, in my instance I hold down a full time job as well as have a child to deal with, and then there is my role as sales officer amongst other things. Being ok with technology and checking my email most days I can respond fairly quick, but other officers are not on the web every day so responses take more time

I would advise you to get along to one of the LNWR events soon, there is nothing to fear and I suspect you would learn an awful lot about your interest. If you go to one of the study centre days there is a lot of information in the archives about carriages

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:59 pm 

Alec, why not try to get to one of the meetings at Crewe? It would be good to me you in person!

Did anyone other than one P Stanton ever write their introductory chat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:16 pm 

and that was 2015 !

Nope and haven't chased them. It's still one of my ideas for a quiet time on site, but as one or two may have noticed the site format is in transition. Will remember again though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:39 pm 

Remember we have an east Midlands meeting coming up in March on the 18th!

I've always wanted to hear more about virtual modelling; is it too far to get over to Derby Alec: be really good to see you!

Regards

Peter S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 pm 

Peter,

Hopefully Alec will be doing a talk on virtual modelling at the first modelling day in March at Kenilworth, which is the weekend following the East Midlands meet

Ta

David

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:26 am 

Oh my, looks like I've well and truly dropped my self in it! All I was asking for was a copy of the wagon diagram book when somehow I agreed to this!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:31 pm 

Have they asked you to get there early so you can do some painting first ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:27 pm 

No Simon I reserved that question just for you ☺