LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:32 pm 

For the information of members, work on the preparation and production of both the September and December 2014 Society Journals has now been completed and these Journals are now at the printers. The two Journals will be included in the December mailing to members. So there is plenty of Christmas reading to come. A small team of members have worked very hard to produce these Journals in a very short time.

Richard Foster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:12 am 

Well done Richard and all. Thanks! Hopefully we are now back on track........

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:49 am 

On behalf of all the members of the Society, I thank Richard for his work, together with others for producing these two Journals and ensuring the membership receive valuable historic information relating to the Premier Line. It has not been an easy task, and Richard has given his time and energy freely. Thank you,

Brian Hayes

Chairman L&NWRS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:56 am 

I am delighted to see that the hard work of this small team of members has succeeded in meeting the target set for getting the journal back on course for its regular three monthly publication. Hopfully "normal service is resumed" will continue, and we may see the last of the complaint postings on the Forum on this topic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:26 pm 

Well done Fichard and Team! We now have a level field to move forward on!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:13 pm 

Well done Richard and your small team, the members will be delighted. I was surprised though that this wasn't from Chris Northedge has he relinquished his position?

Regards

Martin O'Keeffe

Martin O'Keeffe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:48 pm 

Martin,

When I assisted Richard Foster in a small way with these Journals he promised me that the "Editor" would have no input to them at all except for writing the Editorial, which I suspect is why this post is not from the elected officer.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:17 pm 

Mike, is that EXACTLY what Richard said? I'd be very surprised if it was. I do know that Chris had quite a bit of input into editing the pieces I submitted. And he is still the Editor, so deserves our support.

I do know that it has been a team effort, though, so very Well Done to Richard, the various proofreaders and Mike Peascod, as well as Chris. Of course, it doesn't end there ... the March issue should be under consideration by now of that is to come out on time!

Cheers, Reg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 pm 

Reg,

Yes, that is exactly what Richard said and I am sure he will confirm that on here. Bob Williams has been doing some proof reading and he too just confirmed that is the case.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:40 pm 

The main thing is - we should all be very grateful to Richard, Bob and the others for helping Chris to get back onto schedule. I know that Richard did little else for several weeks, and I suspect that may apply to the others also. No doubt everyone on the forum will agree with that!

Thanks also to Mike Peascod for his efforts and technical skill, but he is in effect a paid contractor.

Well done!
Reg