LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 pm 

The September Newsletter will be the first to be sent out by email to members. I have received the content from the Newsletter Editor along with a number of corrections and additions from various sources. I have asked the webmaster to upload a certain amount of the content to the website and the forum in advance. Everything is therefore on track for the email to go out on schedule on 1st September.

There is a database of around 500 members' email addresses which is sourced from the membership application forms and the email addresses used by members to register for this forum. Where there has been a difference between the two, I have emailed those members to ask which email address they would prefer to use.

If you are a member reading this and do not think the Society has your current email address, a form will shortly be posted within the restricted area of this forum whereby you can sign up to the mailing list. You will need to enter your membership number along with you name(s) and email address.

In order to do this you will of course need to be registered as a current paid-up member on this forum and, if you are not, I would encourage you to do so.

Please be assured that, until further notice, a paper version of the Newsletter will still be sent out with the Journal and it will also be uploaded to the forum for members to download and print off too.

Thanks are due to Richard Foster, Dave Pennington, Peter Stanton and Simon Weston for making this all come together.

Peter Meyer
eNews Distribution

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:32 am 

Those members whose email details were correct and on file should now have received advance notice of the September Steam-Up. Early indications are that a large proportion of those who were sent the details have picked them up.

Our grateful thanks go to Peter Meyer for volunteering to do this job and doing the work needed to set the arrangements in place. Peter Stanton deserves credit for making the original approach to Peter, and making the original contacts. Simon Weston has set up the important links with the Web site and Forum. Tony Gillam and Alan Shepherd have played their parts too, and Tony's role in putting together the Newsletters is particularly important.

Well done to them all, this just the tip of the iceberg of the largely unsung work that goes on behind the scenes to deliver services to members.

Richard Foster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:07 pm 

Welcome back Peter - we missed you!
This development does seem to me to be a step in the right direction.
I hope to see you at expoEMNorth
Roger Stapleton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:19 pm 

Just wondering why I haven't seen the e-Newsletter? Have signed up with the form (twice - which may be the problem!) and although it takes many things longer to get to la France profonde, when it happens to e-mails it usually means an ISP is blocking .fr addresses - unless there's a later mailing for us poor foreign relations?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:33 pm 

I guess Simon will be watching this and can try and help!

Be good to have you on board anyway, I really want to see a huge expansion of use of the Forum and you are a welcome member!

All the best

Peter St.!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:32 pm 

Like Peter Meyers suggestion of spam blocker at the ISP. I got hit by BT/Yahoo illogical version. For that ISP need to logon direct using browser.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:58 am 

I have submitted a proof in the restricted area of the Forum for members to view who may not have received the email version. Please note this is still a draft of the printed version as I am still awaiting a number of approvals.

Cheers

Peter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 pm 

The Westons were mixed up ... again :lol: