LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Journal Editor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:05 pm 

I have been asked by the committee to stand is as temporary Editor of the Journal in order to get us back on track. That means I will endeavour to get three more issues out to members before the end of 2014. Harry Jack has kindly offered to proof read all the content and Ted Talbot to do the layout and design.

I cannot however achieve this without the help of members. If you feel able to write an article, if you have some ideas but are not sure how to word it, if you need to bounce some ideas off me as to whether something is suitable, or even if there is a subject which you would really like to see in the Journal but cannot write at all, then please contact me directly. Until the LNWRS e-mail has been redirected to me, please send a PM on here or direct to mikeandwilliamsand4 at and btinternetand .com. If you are not a robot, just remove all the "and" and spaces from the above!

Thank you.

Mike

Post subject: Re: New Journal Editor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:46 am 

Mike,

Thank you for this posting and will encourage and ensure you have the support of the Committee, have an invitation to attend and be involved in committee meetings, as present plans indicate that 'normal service' is about to be resumed.

Brian.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 pm 

Well done for stepping forward, Mike. I hope we can now look forward to an item on water columns after all? You seem to have the bases well covered with Harry and Ted's assistance, but should there be anything a 'Continental Correspondent' can help out with, you know (roughly) where I am ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:22 pm 

Thank you David, and everyone else who has sent me notes. If I've not replied to you yet I will do so shortly.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:45 pm 

Whilst I guess anyone who reads this is reasonably IT-literate, I should say that I'm happy to take material in any format. Obviously something typed in Word is ideal as it saves me time and possible mistakes, but hand-written on scrap paper is fine, so long as I can read it.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:11 pm 

Subsequent posts have been moved to General Discussion forum.