LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: SGM 17 January 2015
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:20 am 

Murry; you "Reign" supreme!

I've had an email from Dave ("We have only two copies of the 1909 Track Drawings book left (held at Kenilworth). The 1916 book sold out in early December and will need another batch of copies printed and bound.")

While one of the track plan books is just in supply (Two off and one other customer waiting!) we need to copy more. Compared with your round the world trip my trip is short and I can wait for the copying for my copy of the Pway book.

I'll talk to other officers to see if copying can be arranged before you get here: if not perhaps another member could consider letting their copy go you and retrieve a new one when they're copied. One way or another we'll sort you out!

Peter (As member and human being!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:38 pm 

Peter,

I visited the Study Centre on the 13th December, and whilst talking to Dave about the PW track books, discovered that the original intended cover for each of the books, had not been printed (published), and a substitute internal page cover was in place as the cover sheet. All copies sold to date are without the correct cover.

I have attached below sample images of the correct cover sheets for both books.

Now I hasten to add, that I place no blame on anyone for this, particularly Dave who took on the task, (and many others), of printing the books, as I am sure things were, to say the least, a little hectic at the time of the original printing, and I have no doubt, some confusion reigned.

In addition, in the mean time (since the first original batch printing), I also produced a further sheet (page), which gave detail explanations of what certain items contained in the drawings referred to, as I felt this would be of help to those who may not be aware of older terms used on the railway at that period in time.

It is intended that this additional page be included in future printed versions of the two PW books.

Peter, If there is an immediate desperate urgency for one or two copies to be printed, then I may be able to personally do this, if the usual source cannot cope, but I must stress, I can only manage, as stated, one or two copies, as I am rather work loaded with other LNWRS important projects which are required in a very short time frame.

To further complicate the issue, I would need to get my local printing company to bind the books, as I do not have the appropriate machine to do this.

Also I would need to be appraised of the distribution (i.e. to send to the customers) as to where and how that will be achieved.

Regards,

Brian Nicholls

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:18 pm 

Thanks Brian.

One customer is Richard Hodgson of Ripon who is after the 1909 book and Murry Bartlett (The one and only Murry B on here!) who would like both. Murry is coming over from the Antipodes and obviously would like to be able to pick copies up. At the moment the other customer is me but that is not urgent!

All the best

peter.

PS. This is a bit out of place on the SGM site! I'll shift it away to another thread on publications!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:12 am 

Peter the Human & Brian,

Thanks very much, I didn't know you lived in Spain (the antipodes of NZ's North Island)

Also known as Aotearoa aka Land of the Long White Cloud.

If it is a hassle to get the books printed, patience is a virtue. :)

Murry B - The one and only.

(Typed by Iron Knickers)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:23 am 

Maybe when you move it, Peter, you could resize the attachments to stop them disrupting the browser page? Oh, sorry if you learnt to suck eggs long since ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:52 am 

Quote:
Peter the Human & Brian,

Thanks very much, I didn't know you lived in Spain (the antipodes of NZ's North Island)

Also known as Aotearoa aka Land of the Long White Cloud.

If it is a hassle to get the books printed, patience is a virtue. :)

Murry B - The one and only.

(Typed by Iron Knickers)

Hi Murry,

The first I knew that you intended to come to the UK, was in Peters posted message, just above.

However, If I can have some idea when your visit will be and for what period, I will try my hardest to get your copies of the PW books printed, that is if the normal printing source does not beat me to it.

All the best

Brian Nicholls.

Post subject: Publications Sales 2015
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:30 pm 

I'll deal with the sales issues here rather than mixed up with the SGM postings!

Peter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:34 pm 

Transferred from SGM postings:-

"The postings on the Pway book etc. have been moved to:- Board index » Miscellaneous (including post-Grouping) » Other Topics>>Publications sales 2015.

I will deal with sales. while I am standing in. on that location.

Thanks to potential purchasers for their patience.

If the postings have whetted your appetite for the Pway books please let me know if you wish to place an order as some copies will require to be printed; Brian Nicholls is helping there. Thanks to others, particularly Martin and David; for their offers of assistance!

Murry and Richard will be looked after as quick as possible!

ATB

Peter S."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:55 pm 

pstanton wrote:
I'll deal with the sales issues here rather than mixed up with the SGM postings!

Peter.

Thanks Peter (S)

Could you please post the Society's Publications sales figures for 2014 now that the year is over.

Cheers

Peter (M)