LNWR Society Forum

Forum (only) for members of the LNWR Society
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:20 pm 

New book will be on sale on Saturday at the SGM.
I shall be bringing along 24 copies of the following book that was mentioned on page 2 of the September Newsletter, and Ted Talbot will be selling them (and has facilitated the contact with the author).
“Journey of a Railway Signalman, History of Railway Signalling on Merseyside and in the North West of England” Tony Cook. 340pp A4 hardback with numerous colour and black and white pictures and diagrams. The author has published it himself at a retail price of £25, but he offers copies to our members for £23, which includes post and packing, as well as two DVDs. The DVDs are colour videos of "Merseyside Resignalling: All Change on the Northern Line" and "A brief look at the Liverpool to Manchester Railway" (which at 1hr 40mins is not very brief).
(A favourable review will be published in the December Newsletter.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:43 am 

will a few copies also be available at Crewe luncheon? I would be interested in a copy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:04 pm 

It is a fair bet that there will be some brought along to the Luncheon. If you don't want to wait, the author has agreed the same price including p&p for members, then you could order direct for the added cost of a stamp.
Cheques payable to Anthony Cook.
Address: Anthony Cook, 29 Gaskell Crescent, Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire FY5 2TB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:13 pm 

If you've seen the new Model Railway Journal (Got mine last night) the frontispiece is the advert for wagons book three; with a picture of the cover to boot!

Regards

Peter S.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:14 pm 

pstanton wrote:
If you've seen the new Model Railway Journal (Got mine last night) the frontispiece is the advert for wagons book three; with a picture of the cover to boot!

Regards

Peter S.

Don't get too excited.....I see on the Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop (they that own Wild Swan) that it will now be published sometime in the New Year due to the index taking longer than was thought.........it goes on and on and I for one am losing interest in it.

John

John